It’s crunch time! No team, not even the Los Angeles Dodgers, have locked down their division. If there’s a silver-lining to a 60-game MLB Season, it’s that less games have made underlay favorites to start the season, like the Dodgers, Yankees, and Astros, vulnerable. So, instead of worrying about baseball’s 2020 past, let’s think about the final stretch of the 2020 Regular Season because it looks like it’s going to be a fun one to bet on against the MLB odds!
MLB COVID-19 Update – September 14th Edition
2020 Major League Baseball Season
- When: July 23 through September 27
2020 World Series Futures
- New York Yankees +700
- Los Angeles Dodgers +340
- Houston Astros +2000
- Atlanta Braves +1200
- St. Louis Cardinals +3300
- Minnesota Twins +1200
- Washington Nationals +100000
- New York Mets +5500
- Philadelphia Phillies +3000
- L.A. Angels +75000
- Boston Red Sox +100000
- Cleveland Indians +2200
- Chicago Cubs +1400
- Tampa Bay Rays +650
- Oakland Athletics +950
- Cincinnati Reds +6000
- Milwaukee Brewers +5000
- Chicago White Sox +1000
- San Diego Padres +900
- Arizona Diamondbacks +40000
- Texas Rangers +75000
- Toronto Blue Jays +2500
- Colorado Rockies +6000
- Pittsburgh Pirates +150000
- San Francisco Giants +3000
- Seattle Mariners +30000
- Baltimore Orioles +15000
- Detroit Tigers +20000
- Kansas City Royals +100000
- Miami Marlins +3500
White Sox, Cleveland, and Twins battling for AL Central
The American League Central is the deepest division in baseball. Nobody thought it would be at the beginning of the truncated season. Minnesota was a lock to win the Central.
The Twins are in contention, but they aren’t a lock. One of the reasons? Both the Cleveland Indians and Chicago White Sox have an ace pitcher. For the Tribe, it’s Shane Beiber. Shane is 7-1 with a 1.53 ERA and a .87 WHIP.
The White Sox signed Dallas Kuechel. The 2015 Cy Young Winner is 6-2 with a 2.19 ERA. Kuechel is on the 10-day injured list, which could give the Twins a chance to make up ground on Chicago.
By “ground”, we mean a single game. That’s how strong all both teams have played this season. One thing to note? The White Sox average .273 at the plate. That ranks second in MLB. The Team ERA is 3.53, which ranks third in Major League Baseball.
If Kuechel returns and the White Sox still have an edge, no matter how slight, they’re the favorites to win the division down the stretch.
Dodgers aren’t an NL West lock
In a week, a lot can change. That’s especially true for Major League Baseball where teams play every day. Take the Dodgers as an example. A week ago, the Dodgers had a 6.5 games lead over the San Diego Padres.
The Padres have cut that lead by 4 games. San Diego has momentum. Their on a 7-game winning streak heading into Monday, August 14. The Padres average 5.69 runs per game, boast a 3.93 Team ERA, and should have the NL MVP this season in shortstop Fernando Tatis.
That makes them a legit contender to the Dodgers’ NL West crown.
National League Power 5
- Los Angeles Dodgers – They’ve got the lead, but the Padres are right there. The Dodgers are just 2.5 games ahead of San Diego heading into the final two weeks of the regular season.
- San Diego Padres – After going 8-2 in their last 10, the San Diego Padres cut the Dodgers’ lead. Either San Diego or LAD looks like the pennant winner . . . for now at least.
- Atlanta Braves – If the Braves pitching holds up, they’ll have a shot. Max Fried must come back form the 10-day IL and throw as well as he has all season.
- Chicago Cubs – On Sunday, Cubs starter Alex Mills threw a no-hitter in Chicago’s 12-0 win over the Milwaukee Brewers. If Mills can maintain his consistency, Chicago could be tough in the postseason. Yu Darvish, Kyle Hendricks, and Jon Lester are solid.
- Miami Marlins – Like every team on this list, the Marlins have great pitching. For Miami, Sixto Sanchez and Sandy Alcantara are their aces.
American League Power 5
- Oakland Athletics – Sean Manaea, finally, is in good form. He’s allowed a single earned run per in each of his last 4 starts for the Athletics.
- Tampa Bay Rays – The Rays lead over the Blue Jays is down to 3 ½ games. The lead over the Yankees is at 4.
- Chicago White Sox – The White Sox are on a 4-game winning streak. Like we wrote above, if Chicago can win with Dallas Kuechel not starting in 10-days, they should take the AL Central.
- Minnesota Twins – Right now, Minnesota is a wildcard squad. That’s because the White Sox are the biggest surprise of this MLB season. The Twins have the fourth best record in the American League and it’s only by a game.
- Toronto Blue Jays – The Jays have emerged as a playoff team. The reason? Hyun-Jin Ryu is 4-1 with a 3.00 ERA and a 1.17 WHIP.
Have a great week!
MLB Baseball Betting News
Odds and Lines : Baseball Betting | Conference Odds | World Series Odds
|Omni Slots||100% up to €300 | Wager 45x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|LeoVegas||Up to €400 bonus | NonSticky | wager 35x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|FruitKings U.K||100% up to £100 | NonSticky | wager 35x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|Wildz||100% up to €500 bonus | wager 35x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|Pronto||100% up to €200 | Wager 35x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|Greenplay||Deposit €25 Get €50 | Wager 40x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|Dunder||100% up to €100 | Wager 40x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|Wazamba||120% Bonus up to €500 | Wager 35x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|RoyalPanda||100% up to €100 | Wager 35x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|