In Major League Baseball, it was good news and bad news. We’ll start with the bad news before getting to the good news and our Top 5 in each division. Not much has changed in that regard, but it’s still worth checking out so you can plan ahead your bets against their MLB odds!
Coronavirus COVID-19 MLB Update – August 17th Edition
2020 Major League Baseball Season
- When: July 23 through September 27
2020 World Series Futures
- New York Yankees +350
- Los Angeles Dodgers +350
- Houston Astros +900
- Atlanta Braves +1200
- St. Louis Cardinals +2500
- Minnesota Twins +1200
- Washington Nationals +2200
- New York Mets +2000
- Philadelphia Phillies +3000
- L.A. Angels +2000
- Boston Red Sox +5500
- Cleveland Indians +2500
- Chicago Cubs +2500
- Tampa Bay Rays +1400
- Oakland Athletics +2000
- Cincinnati Reds +1800
- Milwaukee Brewers +3300
- Chicago White Sox +2000
- San Diego Padres +3500
- Arizona Diamondbacks +5500
- Texas Rangers +8000
- Toronto Blue Jays +6600
- Colorado Rockies +15000
- Pittsburgh Pirates +30000
- San Francisco Giants +15000
- Seattle Mariners +20000
- Baltimore Orioles +30000
- Detroit Tigers +20000
- Kansas City Royals +15000
- Miami Marlins +25000
Cincinnati Reds player tests positive
A Cincinnati Reds player tested positive. That forced the Reds to call off their weekend series with the Pittsburgh Pirates. Right now, Cincy is doing contact tracing to see to whom the player may have spread the virus.
Although it’s not great news, it’s not the end of the world.
We must realize that every Covid-19 test that doesn’t include symptoms could be a false positive. How many times have we heard someone test positive who was asymptomatic, then test negative the second time?
We shouldn’t get too worried about the Reds players’ positive. This is especially true because the hardest hit Covid squad got back on the diamond.
Cardinals play three baseball games
The St. Louis Cardinals, the hardest hit team with coronavirus positives played 3 games over the weekend.
The Cards beat the Chicago White Sox 5-1 and 6-3 on Saturday in a double-header. The White Sox got their revenge 7-2 in Sunday’s game.
On Monday, St. Louis starts a 5-game series with their biggest rival, the Chicago Cubs. Why is it important that St. Louis got back to playing baseball?
St. Louis postponed 18 games due to a Covid-19 outbreak. If St. Louis got through it, any team can get through it.
It’s also a sign that Major League Baseball is in no danger of shuttering the season.
MLB Top 5 Power Rankings
Not much has changed in our MLB Top 5 AL & NL Power Rankings. The A’s continue to impress, the Yankees, Dodgers, Twins, and Cubs all look solid for the postseason. Check out deeper dives into each squad on the rankings!
American League Top 5
- Oakland Athletics 16-6 – Run differential is turning out to be the name of the game for the A’s. They’ve got a +34 edge in that category.
- New York Yankees 15-6 – Second baseman D.J. LeMahieu, who was batting .486, has a sprained left thumb. The Yankees must protect a 2-game lead over the Rays while LeMahieu is out.
- Minnesota Twins 14-8 – Minnesota has a +35 run differential. They’re just a single game ahead of the Tribe, though, in the AL Central.
- Tampa Bay Rays 14-9 – The Rays have rounded into form. They’re on a 2-game winning streak heading into the week. No doubt, they present the biggest challenge to the Yankee’s AL East dominance.
- Houston Astros 11-10 – Like the Rays, Houston has finally got it together. The Stros have won 4 in a row. They’re just 4 ½ games behind the A’s.
National League Top 5
- Chicago Cubs 13-6 – Although the Cubs are on a 3-game losing streak, their NL Central opponents failed to make up much ground. The Cubbies are the lone squad in the division with a record better than .500.
- L.A. Dodgers 16-7 – Finally, the Dodgers are playing like the World Series favorites. Los Angeles is on a 5-game winning streak where they bumped their run differential to an MLB best +60.
- Colorado Rockies 13-8 – The Rockies are just 2 games behind LAD. So, there’s hope. If the Dodgers stay hot this week, though, all hope could be lost.
- Atlanta Braves 13-10 – Atlanta is the best team in the NL East. That may not mean much once the playoffs start, though. Both the Cubs and Dodgers have great pitching and great hitting while Atlanta’s rotation has some issues.
- Milwaukee Brewers 10-10 – A .500 team in the Top 5? Tells us how must stronger the AL is compared to the NL.
Have a great week!
|Omni Slots||100% up to €300 | Wager 45x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|LeoVegas||Up to €400 bonus | NonSticky | wager 35x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|FruitKings U.K||100% up to £100 | NonSticky | wager 35x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|Wildz||100% up to €500 bonus | wager 35x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|Pronto||100% up to €200 | Wager 35x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|Greenplay||Deposit €25 Get €50 | Wager 40x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|Dunder||100% up to €100 | Wager 40x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|Wazamba||120% Bonus up to €500 | Wager 35x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|
|RoyalPanda||100% up to €100 | Wager 35x | T&C APPLY||Play Now|